Friday, February 18, 2011

How NOT to launch a new version without testing?

I was going through unread blogs list when I saw this news - New version of the ASP.NET Forums is live!. Now being a asp.net developer I naturally went to see if it can help in my work (I tend to go to StackOverflow) but still any help is good help. Only if the site actually worked...

A quick look of the site through this link and found the following issues -
- Search was not working
- Navigation items were not working

Perhaps it was left to the users to test the site as the feedback thread contained all these issues and more. But can we really allow sites to go live without doing such basic testing especially when it is one of you premier sites for your users?

Update: By the time I finished this post and went back to check most of the links and search was working. But still it took about 2-3 days to fix. Perhaps we are asking too much from Microsoft.

Update 2: Search still doesn't work if you try to search from this page.

No comments: